What is the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP)?
AHP is based on mathematics and psychology. It simplifies the process of weighting the decision criteria by comparing two criteria at a time (i.e., pairwise comparisons) to determine which is more important with respect to the decision goal – and by how much. Without AHP, decision-makers are left to simply guess their relative importance. The benefits of using AHP include:
- Balancing multiple quantitative and qualitative factors
- Ensuring a comprehensive assessment of each alternative
- Promoting cost vs. benefit analyses
- Providing better decision justification
- Enabling quick reprioritization in response to changing business condition